- Balsamic vinegar: 60g
- Dijon mustard: 30g
- Honey: 30g
- Olive oil: 120g
- Salt: 2g
- Pepper: 2g
In a mixing bowl, combine 60g of balsamic vinegar and 30g of Dijon mustard. Whisk them together until well blended.
Slowly drizzle in 30g of honey while continuing to whisk the mixture. This will help emulsify the dressing.
Gradually pour in 120g of olive oil in a thin stream while whisking vigorously. This will create a smooth and well-incorporated dressing.
Season the dressing with 2g of salt and 2g of pepper. Adjust the seasoning according to your taste preferences.
Continue whisking the dressing for another minute to ensure all the ingredients are fully combined.
Taste the dressing and adjust the balance of flavors if needed. You can add a bit more honey for sweetness or more balsamic vinegar for tanginess.
Once the dressing is well-balanced, transfer it to a glass jar or airtight container. You can store it in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Balsamic Honey Mustard Dressing is a versatile sauce that can be served with a variety of dishes. It’s excellent as a salad dressing, drizzled over grilled vegetables, or used as a marinade for chicken or pork.
Balsamic Honey Mustard Dressing combines the rich and tangy flavors of balsamic vinegar with the sweetness of honey and the subtle heat of Dijon mustard. It’s a well-balanced and versatile dressing that can elevate the flavors of a wide range of dishes.
Facts about the sauce:
- Balsamic vinegar is known for its complex, sweet, and slightly acidic flavor profile.
- Honey adds natural sweetness and helps balance the acidity of the vinegar.
- Dijon mustard contributes a creamy texture and a hint of spiciness.
- Olive oil acts as the base for the emulsion and brings a smooth consistency to the dressing.
- This dressing is a healthier alternative to many store-bought dressings, as it contains natural ingredients and allows you to control the amount of oil and sweetness.