- Fresh ginger: 50g, peeled and grated
- Soy sauce: 60g
- Mayonnaise: 40g
- Rice vinegar: 20g
- Honey: 20g
- Sesame oil: 10g
- Garlic: 2 cloves, minced
- Water: 30g (adjust for desired consistency)
- Salt: Pinch (optional, as soy sauce is already salty)
In a bowl, combine grated ginger, soy sauce, mayonnaise, rice vinegar, honey, sesame oil, minced garlic, and water.
Mix all the ingredients thoroughly until well combined.
Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning if needed. You can add a pinch of salt if you prefer it saltier.
Transfer the creamy ginger soy sauce into a clean, airtight container or a jar.
Store it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving to let the flavors meld together.
Creamy Ginger Soy Sauce is a delicious and well-balanced condiment that combines the warmth of ginger with the umami of soy sauce. The creaminess from the mayonnaise and the nutty aroma of sesame oil complement the flavors perfectly, making it a delightful addition to various dishes.
Facts about the sauce:
- Ginger is known for its various health benefits, such as its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Soy sauce is a staple in Asian cuisine, made from fermented soybeans and wheat or other grains. It adds depth and richness to many dishes.
- Emulsified sauces, like this one, are sauces that combine two typically immiscible ingredients, like oil and water, into a stable mixture. In this case, mayonnaise helps emulsify the soy sauce and other ingredients, creating a creamy and smooth texture.