- Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce: 100g
- Lime juice: 50g
- Mayonnaise: 150g
- Sour cream: 100g
- Honey: 30g
- Garlic (minced): 2 cloves
- Salt: 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground cumin: 1/2 teaspoon
- Olive oil: 50g
Start by blending the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and lime juice in a food processor or blender until you have a smooth mixture.
In a mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, honey, minced garlic, salt, and ground cumin.
Add the chipotle-lime mixture to the bowl and whisk everything together until well combined.
Gradually drizzle in the olive oil while continuing to whisk. This will help emulsify the dressing and give it a creamy texture.
Taste the dressing and adjust the seasoning if needed, adding more salt or lime juice according to your preference.
Chipotle Lime Dressing Sauce pairs wonderfully with a variety of dishes, including salads, grilled chicken, tacos, burritos, roasted vegetables, and even as a dipping sauce for fries or nachos.
Chipotle Lime Dressing Sauce is a delightful blend of smoky chipotle peppers, zesty lime, and creamy textures from mayonnaise and sour cream. Its bold and tangy flavor profile adds a unique twist to various dishes, enhancing the overall dining experience.
Facts about the sauce:
- Chipotle peppers are smoke-dried jalapeno peppers, and the adobo sauce they are typically canned in adds a rich, smoky flavor to the dressing.
- Lime juice not only adds a refreshing citrusy taste but also helps balance the heat from the chipotle peppers.
- The emulsification of olive oil with other ingredients creates a smooth and creamy consistency, making the dressing cling to salads and other foods.
- This sauce is a fusion of Mexican and American flavors, showcasing the versatility of culinary traditions.